We do not believe in working in isolation of or without the local communities. Indeed, commitment to the local communities is the key to our overall Corporate Social Responsibility Policy.
- At the closing of each fiscal year we will allocate 10% of our profits for good causes within the local community with particular emphasis on health and education
- We only purchase locally grown/made products wherever possible and we practice fair-trade
- Most of our employees are local villagers who have been trained by us for the hospitability. Thus not only do the local communities benefit financially from our project but also long term employment skills are developed
- We encourage our employees to be active in the community and use a certain amount of working time each year to devote to charitable activities
- We encourage our guests to see community works and participate in appropriate manner with such works
Uttarakhand is a fragile ecological zone where human activities cause extensive land degradation (deforestation and soil erosion) if not carried out in an environmentally-sound manner. We take pride in holding ourselves responsible for the environmental impact on all aspects of our operation.
- We educate village communities to tackle land degradation and the problems that arise from it
- We regularly undertake native tree plantation on not just our land but also on common land
- We have eliminated chemicals from our orchards/gardens and use natural products
- We grow our own food products and ingredients or source them locally to reduce food miles
- Our entire furniture has been made by local artisans. Most of our hardware and furnishings have also been procured locally
- We have reused all the wood, stone and slates while renovating the cottage and sourced the rest from old dismantled houses