In the Himalayan state of Uttarakhand, lies the pristine, almost unexplored region of Kumaon. Kumaon offers some of the most stunning scenery of the entire Himalayas including loftiest Himalayan peaks, oak and rhododendron jungles, terraced fields and fast moving rapids and rivers.
Most importantly, Kumaon region is inhabited by simple and pious people, who have been able to preserve their unique culture and traditions in spite of the onslaught of the modern. Kumaon is also famous for its old temples, Jageshwar and Chitai, wildlife sanctuaries, Binsar and Corbett and hill stations, Almora, Bhimtal and Nainital.
This is a sample itinerary of 5 nights & 6 days, this can be customized according to your preference
Day 1 & 2: Fredy's Bungalow, Bhimtal
- Walk to the Sattal Lakes
- Watch and learn about the abundant species of birds and butterflies that visit the bungalow
- Enjoy bonfires and picnic lunches !
Day 3: En-route to Itmenaan Estate, Almora
- Visit the Kainchi Dham temple which is known to have given the turning point in the lives of Late Apple founder Steve Jobs and Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg
- Visit the Chittai temple – the temple of bells
- Almora Zoo and witness the magnificent man eating leopards
Day 4 & 5: Naugaon Village Walk
- Partake in farming and gardening within the Estate
- Walk to nearby villages to share tea with locals
- Roam the beautiful oak and rhododendron forests
Day 6: Check Out!
After a leisurely breakfast you will check out from Itmenaan Estate.
End of all arrangements